Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spinzer Halal Fast Food

-The Sammy's of Chi

Today's post should have come alot sooner than it has. I first learned about Hunter Beef, a popular Pakistani eat, from my buddy Peter Engler who posts as Rene G on LTHforum. He had learned about this dish from another poster on the board and went out to Devon avenue to investigate. Hunter Beef is basically corned beef cured with South Asian spices. It's typically served shredded with sides but there's a popular locals stop on Devon that's doing their own Hunter Beef sandwich which Peter recommends in his original piece.

Popular Locals Stop on Devon

Spinzer Fast Food looks like most other casual eating stops on this block. They offer an array of favorites including samosas, wraps and some wonderful looking shaved ice treats I saw a couple young girls getting down on. On my visit I saw two locals eating a Hunter Beef sandwich which is what I was there for. I placed my order and the friendly man behind the counter told me to take a seat and he'd bring it to me when ready.

A Pakistani Hunter Beef Sandwich

This was a really good eat in my book. I could hear them sizzling the corned beef on a skillet in back and what came out was as appealing to the eye as it was the nose. Along with the shredded bits of spiced corned beef they add in diced onions and jalapeno peppers while cooking. A slather of mayo goes onto a toasted sub roll and it all works in perfect harmony. If you pay the $1 for fries on the side you get a nice helping of seasoned spuds to go with the sandwich. I noticed a local eating his with a side of some sort of yogurt based sauce and decided to ask for one, still not sure what it was but it helped as the meat was a tad dry. The sandwich and fries and a water were around $8 and made for a very filling meal. I wont wait so long to return.

The insides

Spinzer Halal Fast Food
2331 W Devon Ave
Chicago, IL 60659
(773) 338-9804

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails