Friday, September 16, 2022

Pizza House

 -The other Chicago-style pizza: Tavern Style

Summer is fading fast so we recently took advantage of the sun and went north up Lake Michigan, for some beach and pizza. To Illinois State Beach and Pizza House in Zion (Lake County) to be exact. 

Locals Favorite in Zion

Pizza House was the first stop as it's only a 10 minute ride from the beach so we wanted to grab our pizza and bring it there. The last time I had been out this way I was given a hot tip in the form of homemade Italian beef in these parts. This was news to me as I’ve had most of Chicagoland's home-made beef offerings but never from here where they’ve been slicing it thin since 1975. But first a pizza bc I liked how the online pictures looked and it came out looking even better. Instagram don’t lie, ok it does, but not here as this was as good as it looked hitting all the high notes as far as thin crust in Chicagoland goes - thin and crisp with a fennel forward sausage, exactly how I like them.
 
Sausage Pizza at Pizza House 

As for the beef I ended up with one of them on garlic bread as they use a Turano roll so I figured why not. Pizzerias are the spots to get a beef on garlic bread and this was a really good one. The beef was the best part which is always a good thing. I was surprised to find their house hot pepper blend was the fresh jalapeño and celery style made popular by spots like Pop’s on the South Side which is pretty far from here near the Wisconsin border. It shouldn’t be a surprise to find tavern pizza this good halfway between Chicago and Racine but the beef is as good as I’ve had in these parts.

Italian Beef on Garlic at Pizza House 

Pizza House 
2409 Sheridan Rd
Zion, IL 60099
(847) 872-4868
Website

2 comments:

Michelle Rice said...

Don't lose perseverance when fighting to get your money back from a scam. It can take a few days to a few weeks. Contact Pentiumtechs@qualityservice.com Make sure you keep a copy of all transactions and correspondence to help you better.

Andreas Weber said...

I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
After going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails