Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Kevin's Hamburger Heaven

-Got beef?
The Burgers of Chi


Kevin's Hamburger Heaven is a longtime favorite of Chicago's blue collar community amongst other walks of life. There's a few things that make this so. First off is the geographical location. The southside business has multiple locations including this one on Pershing. Next is the food, it's home cooked, with the menu of a typical diner. Lastly that food is available 24/7. All of these things along with their featured burgers makes this a big time blue collar place. That and the fact if not for the cars parked in the lot it looks like it could be a abandoned restaurant on the outside while sporting bulletproof glass on the inside. During daylight hours that glass has a few openings. You'll be fine.

Locals favorite in Bridgeport

Kevin's has lots of options and many folks calling in orders are getting burgers or breakfast or both. Kevin's has all sorts of deals like 2 cheeseburgers for $7.99 for the early birds and 5 tacos for $5 and and so on. Tacos? Yep. They're everywhere in the States these days (Sorry Donald). Kevin's makes a decent taco but the salsa verde was a wreck. Staying in one piece as I released it from the plastic I was quick enough to make sure none of it got on the meat. It suffered without it as the taco was dry. But then again if it's 2am and I'm in these parts, well these tacos might be popular with me too.

Steak Tacos

Kevin's namesake is the burger. There's nothing fancy about it. If you asked if the meat was local the workers would probably answer something like yeah - "we buy it down the block" (at Restaurant Depot). But nonetheless it's a fresh ball of beef that's flattened and served in a cheap white bread bun. Everything includes lettuce, tomato, pickles, mayo, grilled onion. How is it? Better than any fast food outlet and something you'd probably crave now and then if you lived in the neighborhood. In today's day and age it's nice to still have an option like this even if you have to drive to the southside to get it.

Cheeseburger 

Kevin's Hamburger Heaven
554 W Pershing Rd
Chicago, IL 60609
(773) 924-5771

1 comment:

Andreas Weber said...

I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
After going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails