Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Chatime / TT Noodle

-Grubbing in Chicago  
New Opening in Chinatown

If you're a regular diner in Chinatown you probably know the two items that keep popping up around town. Both bubble tea and noodles are having a moment right now. So I wasn't at all surprised to find a new restaurant in Chinatown Court that features both. Upon further review I learned that Chatime is a popular chain in Taiwan with outlets across the globe. This is their first Chicago location.

Newly Opened in Chinatown

I found nothing online about TT Noodle which shares a space with the bubble tea purveyor. Nonetheless the menu had a 'Beef Noodle Soup' section and that caught my eye. It was my belief that since this was a Taiwanese Bubble Tea shop that beef noodle soup meant Taiwanese style beef noodle soup. But I was wrong and suffered a major buzz kill when a bowl of regular looking Pho came to my table. I love Pho but I say "regular looking" because this came served with bean sprouts and basil with a little slice of lime and nothing else. So how was it? Lets just say I wont be tweeting the Hungry Hound to tell him he missed a spot on his recent quest for Best Pho in Chicago. Meh at best.

Beef Noodle Soup (Pho) at TT Noodle 

Chatime / TT Noodle
2017 S Wells St
Chicago, IL 60616
(312) 225-9088

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails