Friday, January 6, 2017

AMK Kitchen Bar

-Weekend Brunchin'

I finally got over to AMK Kitchen which opened up right around the time I moved away from the area. The place is popular with locals especially on the weekends. We stopped in for brunch a couple months ago and came away pleased in a nice neighborhood place sort of way. A nice option to have.

Locals Favorite in Bucktown

Now that I think about this was actually our second time dining here and the first time was for dinner. It's dark inside so I dont think I got any pics. We liked what we had however the service was a problem as they had to make fresh pie dough for the chicken pot pie thus we waited a while but did get the dish complimentary on the house. It was good, not great, but the fried pickles were fantastic. Thus we had to order those again on the second visit. I prefer chips and these were battered crisp.

Fried Pickles 

The brunch menu has some interesting options including house made corned beef hash which is one of my favorite breakfast bites. I couldn't convince her to get that since she wanted the chicken and waffles and chose them over the mac and cheese she loved the last time we stopped in. I enjoyed my bite, not exactly anything groundbreaking but a solid rendition of the new hipster classic. Ha.

Chicken and Waffles

So on our second visit I had wanted to try the burger and since it was on the brunch menu (with the option to add an egg) that's what I was there for. No egg for me as I become more and more of a burger purist with each passing year. Which meant I wasn't all that turned on by the idea of fried pickles on the burger but I decided to try it as meant to be served. AMK goes the way of the now popular two patty build. They're topped with white American cheese and a horseradish dijonnaise on a bricohe bun. I thought I'd like this one a bit more as I do love to use white American cheese at home but I thought it was just pretty good. I'd probably grade it a B- maybe C-  if in a bad mood.

The AMK Burger

AMK Kitchen
1954 W Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
(773) 276-4400
Website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails