Friday, January 20, 2017

Bije's Grill and Bar

-The Other Chicago-style Pizza: Tavern Style

I'd driven past Bije's many of times always thinking how much it resembled a Wisconsin tavern. Located way west on Irving Park road it's in an area that you could shoot a 70's based movie in and not have to change much. Time goes by slower in these parts, it's still Chicago by address but feels more like a small town than a big city. Bije's is a typical local tavern with it's fair share of regulars.

Locals favorite in Belmont Heights

When I met a friend here to watch a Cubs game a couple things happened. The first of which was a historic comeback against the Cardinals. It was early on in the 2016 season but it was then and there I knew this team was the real deal. The other thing that happened was the smell of the pizza defeated my attempt to not eat. Originally we were just going to have some drinks but I ended up leaving with a medium sausage pizza. It was good in that neighborhood spot sort of way. If I lived down the block I'd probably pick up this pizza now and then. Though I wouldn't make it a destination for the pizza itself it is a great neighborhood place to catch a game and enjoy a few cold ones and some pizza.

Sausage Pizza

Rating Scale 5/5

crust: 4
sauce: 4
toppings: 4
Crispness: 4


Score: 16/20

Bije's Grill and Bar
7455 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60634 
(773) 625-9700

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails