Friday, January 27, 2017

Noon Hour Grill

-Grubbing in Chicago  
Korean Comfort Food

Noon Hour Grill aka Susie's has been a food staple for multiple generations of Chicago's Northside. You can tell this upon entering though you can get the idea from the outside as well. It's an old school diner with comfort Korean food on the menu. Tucked away on a side street off of Morse it's the type of spot someone usually has to tell you about. I found out through the old LTHforum and have enjoyed dining here ever since first reading about others love for not just the food but Susie herself.

Locals favorite in Rogers Park 

Susie is usually a one woman show. She takes orders, she cooks, she serves. A true treasure indeed. Her menu is broken down into Korean favorites and American classics. While there's lots of good food on offer one of the customer favorites are the omelettes. Both bulgogi and kimchee work so well with salty melted American cheese it's easy see why this dish is loved by so many. Susie also has the mysterious meal of Aktagawa on her menu. I'm pretty sure here and Hamburger King (now Rice N' Bread) are the only two spots in the city to feature this unique dish that's said to have been born at the old Hamburger King. It mixes chopped hamburger meat with eggs and other veggies like bamboo shoots and is served with rice. Susie's is different in that hers doesn't come with a gravy aka HK. It's good but I prefer the one over in Wrigleyville when it comes to this dish.

Octogawa Scramble (Hamburger Meat with Scrambled Egg, Mixed veggie, Sugar, Soy Sauce 

I dont know about you but the way I go about judging a Korean diner is a bowl of their bi bim bop which translates to "mixed rice" This is probably the most well known Korean dish amongst gringos like myself. It's probably the first dish of Korean descent I ever ate and I love a bowl to this day. Susie's might serve the best in Chicago. Or at least one of my favorites. For me its the sauce that separates it from others. I dont know if it's homemade but I love pouring it on the bulgogi beef and egg and all the veggies and mixing it all up into the rice and going to town on it. The only thing that might be holding this back is the fact it's served in a regular bowl and not a flaming hot stone bowl.

Bi Bim Bop

Noon Hour Grill
6930 N Glenwood Ave
Chicago, IL 60626
(773) 338-9494

3 comments:

Atomicman said...

The Fullerton Diner at Fullerton and Western used to serve it years ago when I lived down the street.

David Mike said...

CONTACT Mr Joseph Lucky, IS A NICE MAN..Call (+2348056484618) or add him on WhatsApp (+2348056484618) I was thinking that illuminati is not real, But today with Mr Joseph Lucky, I now believe that illuminati is real, when you come across wrong person’s you will think that life is not real but when you are with the real one you will experience the goodness of your life, To Mr Joseph Lucky, has made me discovered my purpose of life. Welcome to the great brotherhood of Illuminati 666: . WhatsApp Mr Joseph Lucky,from , Italy , and every other Country’s on how to join the Illuminati brotherhood to get rich and famous, You may be a politician, business man/woman ,musical artist, student, footballer or whatever occupation you do, you want to be rich, powerful and famous in life. Illuminati can grant all your heart desires join the Illuminati to become rich and famous in life, Illuminati will make you achieve all your dream to become rich and protected all the days of your life…… BENEFIT GIVEN TO A NEW MEMBER WHO JOIN THE ILLUMINATI a cash reward of usd $2.5million USD a new sleek dream car valued at USD $10,000.00USD a dream house build in any country of your own choice one month holiday (fully paid) to your dream tourist destination.One year golf membership package a V I P treatment in all airports in the world a total lifestyle change access to bohemian grove monthly payment of$20,000USD into your bank account every month as a member, one month booked appointment with top 5 world leaders and top 5 celebrities in the world» JOIN ILLUMINATI YOUR FINANCIALDIFFICULTIES ARE BROUGHT TO AN END. WE SUPPORT YOU BOTH FINANCIALLYAND SPIRITUALLY TO ENSURE YOU LIVE A COMFORTABLE LIFE . IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CONTACT Mr Joseph Lucky. Whatsapp. (+2348056484618) Or call
(+2348056484618) email himon: Luckyseph1113@gmail.com, For immediately response… My Regard to Mr Joseph Lucky ..............

Andreas Weber said...

I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
After going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails