Friday, January 6, 2017

AMK Kitchen Bar

-Weekend Brunchin'

I finally got over to AMK Kitchen which opened up right around the time I moved away from the area. The place is popular with locals especially on the weekends. We stopped in for brunch a couple months ago and came away pleased in a nice neighborhood place sort of way. A nice option to have.

Locals Favorite in Bucktown

Now that I think about this was actually our second time dining here and the first time was for dinner. It's dark inside so I dont think I got any pics. We liked what we had however the service was a problem as they had to make fresh pie dough for the chicken pot pie thus we waited a while but did get the dish complimentary on the house. It was good, not great, but the fried pickles were fantastic. Thus we had to order those again on the second visit. I prefer chips and these were battered crisp.

Fried Pickles 

The brunch menu has some interesting options including house made corned beef hash which is one of my favorite breakfast bites. I couldn't convince her to get that since she wanted the chicken and waffles and chose them over the mac and cheese she loved the last time we stopped in. I enjoyed my bite, not exactly anything groundbreaking but a solid rendition of the new hipster classic. Ha.

Chicken and Waffles

So on our second visit I had wanted to try the burger and since it was on the brunch menu (with the option to add an egg) that's what I was there for. No egg for me as I become more and more of a burger purist with each passing year. Which meant I wasn't all that turned on by the idea of fried pickles on the burger but I decided to try it as meant to be served. AMK goes the way of the now popular two patty build. They're topped with white American cheese and a horseradish dijonnaise on a bricohe bun. I thought I'd like this one a bit more as I do love to use white American cheese at home but I thought it was just pretty good. I'd probably grade it a B- maybe C-  if in a bad mood.

The AMK Burger

AMK Kitchen
1954 W Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
(773) 276-4400
Website

1 comment:

Andreas Weber said...

I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
After going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails