Monday, March 3, 2014

The Brown Sack

-The Sammy's of Chi

It's been a longtime coming for today's post. I've been going to the Brown Sack since it was at it's old location over on Armitage. A few years back they moved into bigger digs and it became one of those neighborhood places you wish you had in your neck of the woods. It's run by a two person team and their menu features some really great sandwiches as well as soups and smoothies and shakes.

A peak inside

Bowl of Chili 

I don't get here as much as I should so on a recent visit I was sad to see their meatball sandwich was no longer on the menu. I'd considered it one of if not the city's best representation of this Italian American classic. I opted to go with what replaced it in the BBQ meatloaf sandwich. Well my sadness turned into relief about halfway thru. I now have a place to go when the urge for meatloaf hits me. It only happens a couple times a year but it might be a more common occurrence after enjoying theirs. Nothing fancy, just a nice slice of well browned loaf with a nice crunchy slaw on top.

Meatloaf Sandwich 

While the meatloaf has turned into my my go-to wintertime sandwich, in the summer it's hard to pass on their BLAST. That stands for Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato which when in season makes this one of the best bites on a hot humid day. What I love about Brown Sack is their close attention to detail in each sandwich. The bacon is always crispy, the bread toasted just right and the portion sizes are perfect. All of them are less than $10 and come with a side of you choice, I prefer the mac and cheese. Easy to see why this place is a LTHforum.com 'Great Neighborhood Restaurant' as it embodies the type of place the honor was meant to showcase.

Shrimp BLT with Avocado

The Brown Sack
3581 W Belden Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 661-0675
Website

Brown Sack on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails