Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Endi's Restaurant

-In Chicago: Every Dog Has it's Day

Despite the fact that the 'Chicagoland Hot Dog Stand Tour' is one of the oldest ongoing series at here at S'C'&C - there's still some spots to cover. Endi's is west on Diversey. Which means I'd usually pass by on the way to Mr. D's which is a bit further west. Thus I never really had the appetite to give Endi's a try. Online reviews are favorable for the most part but there's nothing unique to be uncovered from them. Still though how am I to know for sure until I go? Well I did a while back for lunch.

Locals Favorite in Belmont Central

Endi's isn't just a hot dog stand. It's also a breakfast spot. It's a true Chicago style fast food shack. There used to be alot more spots like Endi's scattered across Chicago but only a few handfuls remain. It's run by a couple of younger guys (possible relatives of the owner) and they serve alot of people on the job. By which I mean police officers, CTA employees, and tradesman on their lunch break. The menu has all the Chicago style fast food classics. Hot dogs are obviously one of their bigger sellers. Surprisingly there isn't any pictures of the hot dogs to be found online so I went in blinded. I figured I'd be getting a skinless wiener and I was right. This was a pretty sad ex. of a Chicago style. Aside from the lifeless hot dog there was no celery salt and the bun was plain. They redeemed themselves with the fresh cut fries though. The medium sized spuds were some of the best fries I've had in Chicago. I cant recall a spot where there's a bigger gap in quality from hot dog to fries.

Hot Dog and Fries at Endi's Restaurant

Endi's Restaurant
5625 W Diversey Ave
Chicago, IL 60639
(773) 622-1111

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails