Friday, December 13, 2013

Italian Sausage Stuffed Banana Peppers

--Tailgatin' and how to make mofos start playa hatin' (Recipes)

I thought with winter here it was a good time to share what might be my favorite less than five ingredient recipe. Now technically I whip up my own marinara, using whatever I got around, when I'm making my loved by all Italian Sausage stuffed banana peppers but you could easily use your favorite bottled version. Sometimes I do just that and kick it up a bit with diced onion, peppers etc... The recipe is so simple and so succulent I promise it will become a regular in your rotation if you need to feed a few folks. I dont do exact measurements just keep these tips in mind. You need a decent amount of marinara. So a bottles worth (24 oz) and then some (small can sauce) will get the job done. Also add chicken stock to your sauce as it will dry without it when baking.

Ingredients

- Banana Peppers (Figure 12-14 if doing casserole dish)
- Marinara Sauce (Your own or store bought)
- Loose Italian Sausage (2 pounds more than enough)
- Shredded Italian Cheese (I just use a blend)
- Chopped Garlic (3-5 cloves will do)

Instructions

1) Start out by making or warming up your marinara and leave it on low. Slice the banana peppers lengthwise and set them aside. Cook loose sausage in some oil in a pan until well browned. Note: You need to chop the sausage down into small pieces which can be a pain. If you have kitchen scissors, use them to chop it down finely. Just throw it in a cup and chop.

2) Layer a baking dish with some of the marinara and then place the banana pepper halves so that they are fully covering the pan. Sprinkle sausge on those and then add some chopped garlic and layer that with marinara. Top with cheese and cover with aluminum foil.

3) Bake at 350 for thirty minutes or until peppers fully cook thru. Serve with cheese on table.
______________________________________

Italian Sausage Stuffed Banana Peppers 

Step by Step in Pics

The final result
______________________________________

See ya next time @chibbqking

1 comment:

JeniEats said...

Those look delicious. I remember getting these super spicy banana peppers at the Minneapolis farmers market. Husband's favorite peppers are banana peppers so he will be thrilled when I try this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails