Monday, August 10, 2020

Flippin Flavors

-Grubbing in Chicago  
Black People Eats in Beverly

It's nice to see people putting more stock into supporting Black owned businesses. Thanks to the food account @blackpeopleeats on instagram I was tipped off to a new sandwich shack in Beverly. Flippin Flavors just opened last month and word seemed to be spreading fast. There was about four or five groups of people patiently waiting to enter and leave with their food. It's a family affair here.

Newly Opened in Beverly

According to some digging I did Flippin Flavors sells bottled sauces and such at a store on 53rd street too. Everything that the @blackpeopleeats account posted looked good so I made sure to make plans with a friend so we could meet and try a couple things. After placing our order and waiting for 10-15 minutes we headed across the street to a big empty lot where the Beverly Farmers Market is held on Sunday's. They had already ran out of menus after a busy first week so ordering was pretty easy in that it was the pictures of the sandwiches that were speaking to me. The Southside has it's own Sandwich Culture and they call them Hoagy's over here. We ordered one Steak and Turkey.

Philly Steak Hoagy at Flippin Flavors

The Philly Steak was super satisfying. I kind of consider this style a Chicago thing all it's own even though I know plenty of places outside of the city make them this way. They don't include bell peppers in your cheesesteak unless you ask for them in Philly. But in Chicago and lots of other spots it seems like bell peppers and onions are standard. But what really caught my eye at Flippin Flavors was the turkey hoagy. They serve them "mild" and "hot" in reference to the peppers that come on it. The sandwich itself is served cold and most likely pre-made. But nonetheless it was as I imagined it would be - a classic 1970’s sub shop type sandwich. Then there’s the house made Banana Pudding ice cream. Totally worth ordering. In fact we had it as an app since it was liable to melt otherwise.

"Hot" Turkey Hoagy at Flippin Flavors 

Flippin Flavors
1848 W 95th St
Chicago, IL 60643
(773) 253-2680
Website

2 comments:

Sharon Wayne said...

I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

Jessica L. Smith said...

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647 blog: spiritualherbal.blogspot.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails