Friday, August 28, 2020

Pressed Cafe

-Grubbing in Chicago(land)
Latin American Sandwiches in Skokie

I love a good pressed sandwich. So when I passed by Pressed Latin Sandwich Cafe on Oakton in Skokie I made sure to take a mental note. Some online research later that day told me this was a well reviewed sandwich and coffee shop. They claim to serve the best Cuban sandwich and jibarito on the Northshore. Skokie is not part of the Northshore but I'll tell you my thoughts on the jibarito below.

 Locals Favorite in Skokie

Normally I would go for the Cuban sandwich on the first visit. I decided the jibarito looked better as I'm very particular on the building of a good Cuban sandwich. Plus my gluten free cousin was with me and she's of course a big jibarito fan being GF and all. Also for what it's worth online reviews make mention of the jibarito the most. I went with a classic steak version dressed traditionally with cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. We got an order of Yuca fries on the side of one of our sandwiches and then also a cup of rice and peas plus a cup of elotes. The sides were alright. The yuca fries which are made with cassava were the ones I'd get again next time. The jibarito was well made with the most important part the smashed plantain itself being crisp and not greasy. The tender steak was loaded with the cumin. Mixed with melted cheese and grilled onions made it that much better.

Steak Jibarito with Yucca Fries at Pressed Latino Sandwich Cafe 

Pressed Cafe
4845 Oakton St
Skokie, IL 60077
(224) 251-7649
Website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails