Monday, December 28, 2015

Best of 2015

- Memorable Bites of the past Calendar Year

It's the end of another year. I don't have much to say except thanks to all the readers. When I started this back in 2008 I had no idea it would last this long. But I'm not surprised because scouting out the food scene wherever it is I am has always been something I love to do. Food is one of the best ways to experience culture and I don't plan to stop exploring anytime soon. You can click on the listed bite to take a look at the original post it appeared in. As always, more to come. See y'all next year!
________________________________________________________________________________

11 Chicagoland Bites 

- I'll be honest in that I thought it was an average year for food in Chicago. These items listed are the ones that stood out when I went thru all my posts from the past year. Lots of spots I either didn't snap pics or have yet to post about so unfortunately those places don't apply. Most stood out because I've either gone back for more of whats listed or plan on doing so very soon. With all the great food options in the city it takes a real great bite to get a return visit from someone like myself who's always looking for something new to try. I can already tell 2016 is going to be big so do stay tuned.

Boeuf on Weck / 55 Day Dry Aged Ribeye at Boeufhaus

Spicy Green Pork Empanada at Cafe Tola 

Fish and Chips at Sink | Swim

Reuben Sandwich at Edgebrook Coffee Shop

Samosas at Pub Royale

Dumplings at Qing Xiang Yuan Dumplings

Spicy Chicken Paita Ramen at Ramen Takeya

South African Meat Pies at Pie Boss

Persian Grilled Kabobs at Kabobi 

Frijoles Charros at The Big State

Beef Burger at White Oak Tavern
________________________________________________________________________________

15 Out of Town Bites

- I ate so well while on the road this year that I had to break the categories down into eleven spots each. Then I had to expand the Beyond Chicagoland list because it was just one of those years. Even with 15 spots I still had to leave some things off that I absolutely loved. And as always I tried to limit it to one item from each trip. So it's really just a quick list and not everything I ate that was awesome. 

Brisket at La Barbecue (Austin, TX)

Mama Cata Mole Chicken Enchiladas at Mesa (Dallas, TX)

Agnolotti Del Plin at Perbacco (San Francisco)

Fish Tacos and Tamales at El Molino Central (Sonoma County)

Iraqi Kabob at Iraqi Kebob (Dearborn, MI)

Short Rib Cappellacci at Sotto (Cincinnati, OH)

Lobster Roll at Shannon's Unshelled (Boothbay Harbor, ME)

Hot Water Cornbread at Shirley Mae's Cafe (Louisville, KY)

Tacos al Pastor / Sirloin at Don Sirloin (Playa Del Carmen)

Potato and Yuca Latke at Milktooth (Indianapolis, IN) 

Peppered Tuna at Reef Grill (Juno Beach, FL)

Potato Cheese Pierogis at Cop Out Pierogi (Pittsburgh, PA)

Jamaican Lamb Currywurst at The Vanguard (Milwaukee, WI)

Hamburgers at Laha's Red Castle (Hodgensville, KY)

Strawberry Shortcake at Earl's Farm Market (Fennville, MI)
________________________________________________________________________________

Best Dinners 2015

- These are three spots where I easily could've named anything we ate at each of them as one of the best things I ate all year. So instead of lumping them with the rest I gave them their own shoutout. Each place served food that had us wishing we could return the next day. On top of the world class food each of these places mixed mean cocktails and the service at each one was exemplary. Cheers!

Husk (Nashville, TN)

Selden Standard (Detroit, MI)

Liholiho Yacht Club (San Francisco, CA)
________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Tiffanie Pena said...

This blog is exceptionally well-written and intelligent. Through reading it, I gained so much knowledge. You can read our article here CPS Test. The CPS test is a great resource for increasing my clicking speed and precision.

Edward tanner said...

Your opinion is interesting, well-written, and educational. You are obviously quite knowledgeable about the topic. Please see the following article: Hunter Mahan Net Worth . Mahan's net worth can change as his golfing career develops depending on his performance and endorsement chances.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails