Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Art's Drive-In

-The Sammy's of Chi

I'd wondered about Art's Drive-In, the restaurant adjacent to Stanley's, for a long time before trying it. I also waited a long time to post about it bc my visit here came at least 3 maybe 4/5 years ago. Since my visit they recently celebrated an anniversary that was either something like 50 or 75 years. Impressive bc I think if I asked 10 Chicagoan's I know whether or not they've ever been to Art's 9.5 out of 10 would say no. But if you asked them if they've ever been to Stanley's Fruits across the street 8 or 9 out of 10 would say yes. Art's is the definition of old school. I remember lots of spots like Art's growing up. Most of which are long gone. Like the rest of them did Art's opens extra early (5am).

Locals Favorite at North and Elston

Aside from the fact I'm pretty much interested in trying everywhere at least once it was the proclaim of having the best steak sandwich that really intrigued me. I love a good steak sandwich though they're not easy to find. To me the best cut of beef for a steak sandwich is probably skirt steak and Art's grills up an 8 ounce piece for their steak sandwich. Granted it was years ago this is the type of place that doesn't change much so I'm confident in saying it was a tasty steak sandwich. I do remember it being a tad bit chewy but that was bc it was a pretty thick piece of meat. It came marinated in a typical Greek sauce that really comes out when the fire hits it. Not a bad choice if going to or from Stanley's Fruits and you need something quick to consume that's not fast food.

 Steak Sandwich at Art's Drive-In

Art's Drive-In
1333 W North Ave
Chicago, IL 60642
(773) 489-0099

1 comment:

SAJWAY RESTAURANT said...

Nice post! If you want to enjoy the Best Steak Sandwich in Abu Dhabi (أفضل ساندويتش ستيك في أبو ظبي), then we advise you to choose Sajway to satisfy your cravings today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails