Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Fast Track

-In Chicago: Every Dog Has it's Day

While working on a recent project for Chicago Magazine (stay tuned) I had the daily urge for a Chicago dog (a clue). Let’s just say they were on my mind quite regularly and when that’s the case I tend to go on binges. Not just that but I’m in a FB group revolving around Chicago food and hot dogs from around town are commonly posted. One of the recent postings over there that caught my eye was Fast Track located in the West Loop. A spot I probably hadn’t visited in more than a decade. 

Locals Favorite in West Loop

Fast Track is a classic Chicago hot dog stand. They got Hall of Fame recognition from Vienna Beef in 2015 which at the time was close to a quarter century that they'd been in business. So they must be coming up on 30 years open. The menu here is a what's what of Chicago style fast food including fried shrimp from Lawrence's down on S. Canal. All that said I was returning for a char dog which was what I saw in the social media picture that got me in. It's a natural casing Vienna Beef wiener and the option to have it steamed is also available. It's a pretty picture perfect example and it tasted like one too. Fries don't come with the hot dogs ($3.99) here but they make a thinner fresh cut variety that get nice and crisp. Plus you have the option to add Merkt's cheddar spread. The atmosphere is top notch too, as are the decorations inside and outside. Glad I returned and could document them on here. 

Chicago Style Char Dog with Fries and Cheese at Fast Track 

Fast Track
629 W Lake St
Chicago, IL 60661
(312) 993-9300
Website

1 comment:

Susan Christian said...

It was the spell that Dr Emu casted on him that make him come back to me today, me and my family are now happy again today. thank you Dr Emu for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact Dr Emu , if you need his help you can contact him through his private mail: emutemple@gmail.com or you can contact him through his website https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ fb page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails