Wednesday, September 4, 2019

10Q Chicken

-The Sammy's of Chi (land)

No I didn't get a chance to try the Popeye's Chicken Sandwich. Will I ever? Yeah I'm sure someday I'll be in a rush somewhere or just hangry and near one so that day will come. But I wasn't going to wait in line and make the poor employees getting what's most likely low hourly pay work twice as hard for the same crappy pay. Plus there's lots of other fried chicken sandwiches to be found around town. It was only a few years ago they were all the trend and most of them still remain. 10Q Chicken in Evanston is probably the place I would name when asked about my favorite fried chicken sandwich.

Locals Favorite in Evanston 

One of the guys behind this downtown Evanston chicken shop is the owner of the popular bopNgrill which has two locations in the city. It was originally across the street from ETHS before moving into Rogers Park. It's still close enough to Evanston that most of the people who live there full and part time know about it. But now many of those Northwestern students don't have to go into the city to get Korean inspired fast food. 10Q focuses in on chicken and you can get it a variety of ways but it's the sandwiches that drive sales. The namesake is Panko fried chicken breast, pickled radish, togarashi mayo, on a buttered brioche bun. None of the ingredients took away the flavors you want when the taste for a chicken sandwich comes calling. Which for me isn't often but next time one comes I hope there's a 10Q nearby. Otherwise next time I'm in Evanston. I'll probably pass a few Popeye's en route.

The 10Q from 10Q Chicken 

10Q Chicken
816 Church St
Evanston, IL 60201
(847) 859-6100
Website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails