Monday, August 6, 2012

Todd's Bar & Grill

-Got beef?
The Burgers of Wisconsin


I made it over to Todd's Grill in Oconomowoc last Fall which was on my list thanks to some rec's from some posters over at LTHforum. It took a while to make it over to this locals Bar about 40 minutes west of Milwaukee. It was high on my list because when discussing burgers in Wisconsin it was mentioned by a couple folks for having not just the best burgers in the state but the best they ever ate. So it was good times for me to finally make it in there and all was well when I finally did.


Locals favorite Oconomowoc, WI

We went in there on a Monday evening so it was relatively quiet with there being a few regulars at the bar watching the Brewers, one of which wouldn't stop complaining about the people who come up to "his lake" from Milwaukee and act like fools all summer. It was also Todd's bday and even so he was manning the grill for the evening but did step out so the reg's could sing to him.


View from the booth

Monday was prime rib sandwich night and I was able to convince my friend to get that so I could roll with the 'Todd Burger'. She also got some French Onion soup that was just ok but the prime rib was excellent. Todd's is a typical Wisconsin Bar & Grill which usually means the food will be stick to your ribs good and the beer, straight freeze rush to your brain cold.


Open Face Prime Rib Sandwich

I came in expecting big things from this burger, named after the owner it comes with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, crispy bacon and good old American cheese. Lettuce and tomato is included and you have your other usual options of ketchup and mustard too although I wouldn't spoil that charred fresh beef flavor with ketchup if I were you. Everything you want when you go to the town tavern for a burger. Big and flavorful with pungent aromas that pass by your nose each time the waitress walks by with one. I couldn't imagine being a regular, as soon as I smelled one I'd be ordering one each and everytime. My only compliant was the bun. It wasn't as fresh as most every other spot in WI and that could of made it Hammerin' Hank great. Also the onion straws were excellent and the way to go as your side. Well worth the stop.


The Todd Burger

Todd's Bar & Grill
164 East Wisconsin Ave
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
(262) 567-6023

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails