Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pho Loan

-Grubbing in Chicago  
Where to go for Pho

There was a time when I visited Tank Noodle when in need of a big bowl of beefy Vietnamese Pho but as time passed I came to learn there was much better to be found put there. In the case of Pho Loan it's found right across the street. It sits in a nondescript building just east of the train station on Argyle. It has it's fair share of regulars and that would include myself. During winter anyway.

Locals Favorite on Argyle

When Steve Dolinsky announced he was doing a Pho Crawl seeking out the best bowls in Chicago, I was intrigued to see where my go-to spot would end up. I first came upon Pho Loan a while back as I was looking for a new spot and this was in the area and rated well. Turns out the Hungry Hound agrees. He put Pho Loan in at #3 on his city's best Pho list. I agree that it's one of the best though I haven't done nearly as comprehensive of a search as he just did. For me they're one of the best because they always seem to have the freshest condiments served alongside your soup which is always delivered piping hot. That and the little drops of fat one can see when he/she further inspects the broth make this my current go-to pho spot. But I'll have to check out the 1st / 2nd ranked stops.

Pho on a Cold Day

Pho Loan
1114 W Argyle St
Chicago, IL 60640
(773) 334-4500

1 comment:

Sandy Natel said...

INSTEAD OF TAKING A LOAN, Testimony on how I become rich and famous, I was scammed $850 trying to join illuminati until I meant Prof. Theophilus who make me a member. Join the Great Brotherhood illuminati world-wide United State/UK, distance is not a problem, no matter the country you are from, you are all welcome to join our great brotherhood/ societies. Benefits: 1. You shall be given Citizenship Auditorium in any country of your choice, 2. You will be famous in any career of your choice (like music, sport, acting, business etc), 3. We shall also make you rich and be place on monthly salary, 4. A house and a car in any country of your choice. As a member, no human sacrifice is involved. Email Agent, Prof. Theophilus on: illuminatiworldwideuk@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails