Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Five More Burgers (Part 2)

-Got beef?
The Burgers of Chi

I cant believe it's almost June. Thus National Hamburger Month aka May is rounding up. We've had some fantastic burgers from Chicagoland and those from the six different states featured in the 'Midwest Burger Crawl'. So to say goodbye to May we wave you off with one of our '5 More...' specials. Here are five different hamburgers from places previously featured here on S'C'&C with the King. Happy Hamburger Month. See y'all in June. You're going to want to stay tuned.
________________________________________
LinkMr. D's (Click for more)

If someone ever asked me my top spots for "Streets and Sans Mans" type eating Mr. D's would be one of the first mentioned. Unless you live in a meat (and shoes) free community in Arcata, California then this is the type of lunch spot you want in your neighborhood. The shish kebab and steak sandwiches, as anybody who's been there knows are at the top of the standings when it comes to top notch tasting bang for buck value. Someday sooner than later I'll try and score their beef with hot which some regulars swear by. In the meantime I'm here to tell you that their burgers are also near the top when it comes to Chi-Style fast food stands and their selections. Char grilled to perfection go with a double. The fries that accompany each order are some of the best around.


Double Charred Cheeseburger
________________________________________

Devil Dawgs (Click for more)

When Devil Dawgs first opened I was in there within a few weeks and enjoyed it now and then for a little while after that I didnt make it back for a minute. Not because I don't like the place. As I very much did/do but rather I just kind of forgot and when I did remember, I was able to convince myself to save the calories for future unposted places. No more self control after stopping in after a heavy drinking session at Local Option with Central Waters Brewery. I got a double one of their Kick Ass Green Chile cheeseburgers (new since my last visit) and I've had quite a few since. I think it's the best burger in the neighborhood. Devil Dawgs is a place anyone in Chicago would love to have amongst their locally owned "Chicago style fast food stand" options. I Know I do.


Burger Options


Green Chile Cheeseburger from Devil Dawgs
________________________________________

Odge's (Click for more)

Ahh yes when it comes to the looks of old school Chicago Style Hot Dog Stands, Odge's has that down. When passing by it on Damen it's as if theres a big old carnival going on in the collage with drawings of hot dogs and tacos and the inside is quirky with old lunch boxes and Threes Stooges memorabilia and the likes on display. It's a hot dog stand but as the sign outside on the building tells us, the burgers are handmade. Available as a singles or doubles I'd rec a double since it's only a $1 more ($5.75) and the patties are thin. Specially seasoned you can dress your Odge burger whatever way you like. I like everything plus grilled. Best not to miss out on their perfectly potent grilled onions. The fries are frozen but they fry them to a crisp, so that's a plus and they come with your burgers. Another great burger at a Chicago Hot Dog Stand.


Outside Odge's


Odge's Cheeseburger
________________________________________

Mr. J's (Click for more)

Mr. J's is one of my favorite places in the city for a grilled chicken sandwich. Located on Clark street just off Chicago it's a popular late-nite spot with everyone from the drunken fools to the Guardian Angel's and the bad guys they look out for. One time I steered away from my go to grilled chicken sandwich order and tried the burger they claim to be the home of, The Dagwood. It's basically your average double cheeseburger served with fries on the side and tastes better the later the night becomes and hungrier you get.


Mr. J's Dagwood Double Cheeseburger
________________________________________

Jury's (Click for more)

Last May during National Hamburger Month we took a trip into Lincoln Square over to Jury's. It's a place that has long been lauded as having one of the best burgers in Chicago, I've been there a few times thru life. I was back there last year and decided to switch it up a bit and order their 'judge burger' which is the standard 1/2 pound burger topped with cheddar cheese, bacon and sliced avocado. Next time and for now on it'll be this that I order. The avocado was as fresh of one I had ate in a while so that played a role in its goodness factor but I still think Jury's does indeed do a very satisfying bar burger.


Jury's 'Judge' Burger
________________________________________

Mr. D's Shish Kabob's
6656 W Diversey Ave
Chicago, IL 60707
(773) 637-0042

Devil Dawgs
2147 North Sheffield Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 281-4300
Website

Odge's
730 North Damen Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622-5517
(312) 666-7335

Mister J's
822 N State St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 943-4679


Jury's
4337 North Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 935-2255
Website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails