Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another feast fit for a King...

--Tailgatin' and how to make mofos start playa hatin' (Recipes)

This not just in! Joseph's finest meats has some damn fine meats, Ive told you that before. The other day I got two 2-inch think prime sirloins to order over at Joe's. Usually im about anything bone-in, but these baby's are the real deal and make for great meat on the grill.

When I pick up my meat from Joe's I like not doing much with it so the flavor of the prime meat stays intact. I just add some fresh ground pepper, sea salt and some garlic infused olive oil. Make sure your grill is well lubed and extra hot and throw the hunks of meat on that bad boy and cook for 10 minutes a side or to desired doneness. Figure 10 mins. a side for med. rare to medium depending how hot your grill is.

Char grilled prime sirloin

one 2-inch thick good sirloin steak (I get from Joseph's finest meats)
Salt and pepper
Olive oil


Char grilled 2-inch thick prime sirloin (Directions above)


Ready for slicing

Cant have meat without potato's so I decided to do up my own version of an old favorite of mine...Potatoes O'Brian. But I like to take everything a level above the rest so I have my own...potato's O' T. They are a variation of PO'B. Like everything else I make, I add bacon. Directions below.


Click the pic to get a clear view of what I do

Potato's O' T (above)

6 slice's of bacon
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 chopped onion
4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
8-10 small golden potato's

1) Preheat the oven to 450

2) peel the sides of each potato and leave the skin on the top and bottom. Chop your peeled potato in half lengthwise and then chop each half again. Proceed to chop your quartered potatoes into 2-3 inch dice. Place your diced potato on a very well lubed baking tray with olive oil and make sure each potato is well lubed so they don't stick.

3) place baking tray w/ tato's in the oven and cook until well browned.

4) Cook chopped up bacon in frying pan until crispy and remove the bacon and set aside and drain half of the fat. Cook your peppers/onions in the pan with fat and sautee until nicely browned. For the last 5 minutes, cook your garlic in the mixture. When done set aside.

5) Take potato's out when done (45-50 minutes) and use a spatula to release them from sticking to the bottom of the pan, if they are sticking trying to keep them intact, if its well lubed not that many will stick.

6) Place all your tato's in a bowl and dump the green pepper/onions and the bacon and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and toss it up and place them in a bowl. Prepare your plates.



Also served on that plate is a concoction that I threw together really quick. A sauteed portobello mushroom topped with some sauteed spinach with two shrimp placed on top and a slice of tomato with some Parmesan sprinkled on top and baked for 15 minutes.

FYI- You'll notice I grilled two steaks, check back next week to see what regional tailgate recipe I did with the other steak. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Titus,
Great blog! I will link back to you from Camp Run-A-Pup and send your link to all our hungry friends. The pictures look so good, I can almost smell the food cooking!

Katybeth, Joey, Cole

Nov said...

That looks FANTASTIC! I'm def gonna try a King T recipe this weekend

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails