Friday, March 17, 2017

Tomczack's Tap

-Grubbing in Chicago(land)
Dupage County Favorites

Today's post is a place I'd always considered stopping into should I ever be near it on a Friday. Tomczack's Tap is an old school bar that would fit just perfectly somewhere in Wisconsin. Located way West on Irving Park it's a place that's popular year round and extremely popular around now.

Locals Favorite in Wood Dale, IL

I was recently in the area on what was a Friday. This was my shot to see what was up. I wandered in around 4p and about halfway thru the place went from basically empty to almost fully packed. Why is that you ask? Friday Fish Fry. During lent nonetheless. The bar consists of two areas (three if you include the gaming area). I chose to sit at a table rather than the bar as the lighting is better. Haha.

a peek inside 

Tomczack's menu features a what's what of bar food. Though I imagine most of it goes from freezer to fryer so I didn't have much interest in anything other than the fish fry that people pack the place for. Offered on Friday's only your choice of fish consists of Cod, Perch (ocean), and Catfish. Not my ideal choices, for this part of the country anyway, but at $7.00 plate (few extra bucks for AYCE) I wasn't worried. The fry came out pretty quickly and it was what it was. Which is to say a tasty couple pieces of fried fish. Standard crinkle cut fries were enhanced by dipping them in the tartar sauce, yeah I do that, but the sauce itself was average at best. Considering the price this was a pretty good plate of food. Not something I'd go out of the way for but if in the area on a Friday why not. It did the trick.

Friday Fish Fry at Tomczack's Tap

Tomczack's Tap
265 E Irving Park Rd
Wood Dale, IL 60191
(630) 595-0479

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails