Friday, March 4, 2016

Formento's

-Weekend Brunchin'

You may not have eaten at Formento's but if you've ever driven down Restaurant Row on Randolph you most likely saw their marvelous neon which is meant to take us back to another time. That time would be when Italian-American restaurants were where all the popular people would hang out at. The type of place the Rat Pack was found at while on the road. I knew Formento's was bringing it from the moment I stepped foot inside of there as the smell brought back memories of long gone Italian-American restaurants and pizza parlors of my youth. Today's post features the brunch part of the menu though I have enjoyed dinner here as well. I just don't have good pictures from then as it's harder to get a good shot when the light is low. Maybe next time in I'll have better light.

Randolph Streets Restaurant Row

The brunch menu here is pretty small but it's efficient. You got a few pasta choices as well as some sweets and breakfast related dishes made with eggs. Starting off with something sweet we love a good cinnamon roll and the ones from here taste as good as they look. Not to mention that one can easily be split among a couple. I might ask for extra sauce next time.

Cinnamon Roll 

Eggs in Purgatory is one of my favorite breakfast dishes, be it Mexican or Italian examples. At Formento's they're doing one with two poached eggs over a bowl full of creamy polenta. They use a pork based marinara that has just the right flavor and consistency to it. Maybe my breakfast plate in the city. More from here when I make it back with some light to work with. See ya next time.

Eggs in Purgatory 

Formento's
925 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 690-7295
Website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails