Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Granny-B's

-The Sammy's of Chi

National Sandwich Day was yesterday but there's too many good sandwiches out there to celebrate just one day. So we're going to continue on to another sandwich spot I recently tried. While out on assignment on the Southside this past summer, breakfast time rolled around and Granny B's was spotted. I did a quick google search but as is mostly the case with places in this area there isn't much on it. However a few reviews talk of good home cooked food so I stopped in for a cheap eat.

 Locals Favorite in Marquette Park 

I was intrigued to see a soul food option on the menu but sad to learn it was an afternoon and evening thing and right then just breakfast was being served as the days lunch offerings were being made. Nonetheless I also had a taste for a good breakfast sandwich and went with a sausage, egg, and cheese with some hash browns on the side. The sausage patty comes from Chicago's very own Parker House Sausage Co. and it's a well spiced blend that I need to figure out where to buy for my fridge. I wasnt asked but the eggs came scrambled which I was ok with because they were silky smooth with hints of cheese mixed in. The toast was toasted properly and the sum off all three components made for a enjoyable way to start the day. The surprise was the hash browns which were very real and very good. I'll try to get back for some soul food if I can remember when in the area. 

 Sausage, Egg, and Cheese with House Hash Browns 

Granny B's
2632 W 71st St
Chicago, IL 60629
(773) 925-4491

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails