Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Cabbie Stop

-Oh Yeah, I've been there too
Pita Grill

Neighborhood: Old Town/Cabrini
Cuisine: Middle Eastern Mainstay's like shawarma
Price Range: $5-$10
Would I go again? Ya I'll get back there again, I've already been a few times


In a desolate stretch along Clybourn

I first noticed the Pita Grill from when driving by and seeing all the pictures of their food in the window around when they first opened. After driving by it a few times here and there and noticing that the streets were flooded with cabbies that it might be worth a shot. So a few months back I stopped in there late nite to pick up some falafel and see what else they had. The menu is pretty much all the usual stuff you would expect to find including shawarma, tabbouleh, Jerusalem salad and hummus along with some Indian and Pakistani dishes. Its usually got quite a few people inside and coming in and out from the place of worship in back. There is a large dining area and Al Jazeera is always on. I've visited three times total and was pretty satisfied with each visits munchies. I tried the house falafel pita served with extra goodies inside like roasted potatoes and cauliflower.


House Special Falafel Sandwich

I'm not an expert on falafel but I've had my share from here and there and I usually eat it in binges. So the three times I visited I always had to have some and I was satisfied with Pita Grills offerings of it. As far as this area goes its the best around or near downtown and the prices are right. I think I spent around $10 each visit and always had a boatload of food. Other items I tried were the chicken shawarma and a mixed plate with a kefta kebab and a couple other grilled items. You gotta like the fact they are open late night and the prices are right so if you don't feel like Mexican food shoot over to pita Grill next time your hungry after a night of partying.


Chicken Shawarma and falafel balls

Pita Grill
1241 N Clybourn Avenue
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 255-8122

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails