Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Maoz Vegetarian

-The Sammy's of Chi (land)

Before recently taking off for a winter wedding in Mexico I needed some sandals, new swimsuit etc. So I headed over to the Fashion Outlets in Rosemont. In case you've never been it really is one of the best outlet stores I've ever shopped. They have a huge food court and since today starts my journey as a vegetarian I thought this stop was the perfect fit. Yep you read that right, I'm switching up my diet and going green. It wont be easy but as least I have spots like Maoz Vegetarian to help me ease into it. When I spied this stall while snooping around I had a flashback to when one of my good friends had told me of his plan to bring this awesome falafel shop from Amsterdam to Chicago.

Located in the Fashion Outlets of Chicago Food Court

Damn! I said as I realized this was the place he spoke of some 5-10 years ago. He'd found Maoz on a trip to Amsterdam and was really passionate about bringing them to the States. Looks like someone else beat him to the punch. I tried a piece of falafel they were handing out as samples and thats all it took to get me to order a sandwich. It's a Chipotle like setup in line. You choose your sandwich, bowl etc and then point out what you want on it from the colorful condiment bar. I got whatever looked good and it ended up being a satisfying lunch. The line was deep by the time I ordered so the falafel balls were being fried fresh helping the sandwich hit the spot. Oh yeah, April Fools, I aint eating no damn salad for the rest of my life. Plenty of non-vegetarian posts to come.

Falafel Sandwich from Maoz Vegetarian

Maoz Vegetarian
5220 Fashion Outlets Way
Rosemont, IL 60018
(847) 928-7500
Website

Maoz Vegetarian on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails