Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Hat

-In Chicago: Every Dog Has it's Day

The Hat opened sometime around the end of last Summer. Upon it's opening I'm sure it caught many peoples attention as they were driving down Ashland, they put a large sign up. It's located at it and the intersection of North avenue directly across the street from the Hollywood Grill which is owned by the same people. They're giving folks the option of diner style food or Chicago style fast food throughout the day and late into the early morning (Open until 6a on Fri/Sat and 3a all other days).

Chicago Style Fast Food at North and Ashland

I stopped into here a few times since it's opening. Although I've stuck with just a couple items they offer all the Chicago style classics. I do want to give both the burger and the chicken sandwich a try but for now I've been settled in on the cheese fries, the hot dog and when warm outside I liked their banana shake made with fresh fruit. Come back soon Summer.

The Hat Loaded Fries

On my first visit the loaded fries were pretty great. Taking the flavor profile of a potato skin they enhance standard frozen fries greatly by using Merkt's cheddar spread, sour cream and bacon bits. The first time the bacon was bits of real bacon but since then they've been actual bacon bits from the package. So they went down a notch but remain tasty. The dogs are offered steamed or charred and both are good though I prefer their char. Like me they cut them at the ends making the first and last bite the last. Stoned and sober The Hat works well for everyone in need of a quick Chi-Style eat.

Char Dog

The Hat
1604 W North Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
(773) 342-5000
Website

Hat Chicago on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails