Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Glaze Teriyaki

-Grubbing in Chicago
Lunch in Lakeview

Its rare for the Midwest to start a food trend, well except maybe the whole farm to table thing, but usually food trends start on one of the coasts. Today's post is on one of those style of spots. Glaze Teriyaki is out of New York City with locations in San Francisco, Chicago, and soon to be Madison Wisconsin. The specialty of the house is Seattle style Teriyaki chicken. Its called that due to a Japanese man in Seattle who's teriyaki shop spawned handfuls of imitators to the point where damn near every neighborhood in Seattle now has a spot where one can indulge in grilled teriyaki glazed chicken. Glaze is giving Chicago its first option, well outside of mall food courts anyway.

Newly Opened in Lakeview

I have no shame in admitting I find the dark meat chicken bombs handed out at the mall to be tatsy. I don't really go to malls so I don't find myself eating this style of food all that often but I do enjoy a bowl of rice with chunks of dark meat chicken swimming in sauce. So it's no surprise to me that I enjoy what Glaze is doing. It's not life changing or anything like that but it is a good lunch for when you need something quick that isn't fried. Glaze offers a few different grilled meats including chicken breast and thigh as well as salmon, steak, and boneless pork loin. They come in bowls served with your choice of white or brown rice and a salad with choice of dressing. My standard order is teriyaki dark with ginger carrot dressing. Sometimes its exactly what I want for lunch. Quick, fresh, tasty.

Chicken Teriyaki Bowl

Glaze Teriyaki
3112 North Broadway
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 697-3580
Website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails