Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Nineveh

-Grubbing in Chicago(land)  
Iraqi Middle Eastern Eats in Skokie

Skokie is pretty low key especially when it comes to food. It's not Lake Forest bad but there's some pretty boring restaurants found around town. There's also some low key good spots. A few of the Middle Eastern variety. I noticed Nineveh while driving by down the street. It was right around lunch time and they had a fresh spit of chicken spinning. You know I'm in. Turns out they just opened.

 Newly Opened in Skokie

I asked the friendly owner how long they had been open and he told me two weeks in mid June. I decided to get a shawarma sandwich plate based off of the pictures outside on the windows. They looked really nice and as I was saying they had a small but fresh spit of chicken shawarma spinning so it seemed like a good move for a semi light lunch. The meat was sliced directly from the spit into the wrap. I was so happy to see this. I love also love it when they break a shawarma sandwich down into bite size pieces which makes for easy dipping into the garlic sauce. I've seen it this way at a few spots here and there and it's usually cut when you order the plate (with fries). I’d like to go back and try some of the more traditional Iraq dishes. That’s where the hospitable owner Ali is from originally.

Chicken Shawarma with Fries at Nineveh

Nineveh
4047 Oakton St
Skokie, IL 60076
(847) 410-7877

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails