Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Chopo Chicken

-Grubbing in Chicago
New to the 'Scene'

I admit that going into Lincoln Park's newest fast casual concept I was weary. While I was happy to see a new Peruvian option in town I was reluctant to give it much credence. It looked and felt like every other fast casual restaurant to open over the last couple years. Nonetheless it's nice to see Peruvian make it's way into the yuppie's palate as it hasn't quite caught on in Chicago the way it has other cities. Don't get me wrong there's been Peruvian spots opening semi regularly but none like this dedicated to chicken. Peruvian Polleria's are big in spots like Montreal and DC but not so much here.

Newly Opened in Lincoln Park 

Upon entry you're greeted by the now standard neon lettering using a hashtag followed by some random saying. Not exactly original and neither is the ordering process. You choose your bird (1/4 dark or white) or your bowl which comes with steak or chicken or veggies etc. I opted for the 1/4 bird which comes with your choice of rice (white, brown, green) and beans (black, white) as well as your choice of salad and also a dipping sauce (hot, medium, mild). I thought the $12 pricetag was a bit hefty but it's a decent amount of food. The fact they roast the birds over real charcoal was all I needed to see to give this place my full fledged attention. You could taste the charcoal flavor in the meat and the green dipping sauce was fragrant and perfectly spicy. Much better than I anticipated. I'd go back.

Peruvian Chicken Plate at Chopo Chicken 

Chopo Chicken
2460 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 666-5925
Website 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails