Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Halsted Shrimp

-The Shrimp Shacks of Chi (land)

While cruising thru the South suburbs last month I spied a shrimp shack hidden in a strip mall in Chicago Heights. You'd have to be on the lookout for it or something to spot it as there isnt a sign outside just a mention of fried shrimp. Inside it's got the classic feel of a Chicago style shrimp shack. This means it's pretty much bare bones.

Fried Shrimp in Chicago Heights

Always curious I decided to stop in and have a bite. Turns out 'Chicago's Best' had already been here giving praise to their shrimps that come with a special to the house breading. The menu is small with fried shrimp and a couple types of fried fish to go with it, including lake perch. I saw a lunchbox special that came with three pieces large shrimp and a filet of fish of my choosing. I went with that and ordered lake perch as my fish. What I got was three pieces of well fried shrimp but if these were the large ones I can only imagine how small the little ones are. The breading was different, definitely more aggressively seasoned. The fish was fried well and all in all it was a nice snack.

Fried Fish and Shrimp Lunch Special 

Halsted Shrimp
190 S Halsted St
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
(708) 898-2313

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails